Red-Ray’s MR-12 infrared burner has a fine porosity metal alloy refractory grid. This durable metal refractory has excellent resistance to impact, thermal shock and water damage. Its built-in flame arrester is especially beneficial for use with propane/air.
The MR-12 Burner is a replacement for the QC-12, an earlier technology. It is interchangeable on QC-12 manifolds and has the same operating parameters. QC-12 systems can easily be upgraded to an MR-12 system.
Selas continues to supply the QC-12 burner along with its spare parts, but it has been upgraded to the model MR-12.
Features and Benefits
- Flash resistant, fine porosity, metallic foam emitter
- Input fuel is converted to 65% infrared, 35% convective energy
- Flat faced construction
- Durable cast iron housing with high temperature expanding gasket material
- Modular burner sections with steel orifice union connectors
- Replaceable emitter kit with stainless steel rail attachments
- Radiant heat is distributed uniformly
- Radiant energy is transferred directly into the product
- Burner can be placed closer to item to maximize radiant energy transfer
- Structural Integrity in continuously operating ovens
- Quick and easy replacement of burner sections with uniform firing rate across entire burner length
- Lower stress design and cost effective maintenance