The MR-12Ni is a 5 x 12 inch gas-fired surface combustion burner. It was developed as a corrosion-resistant upgrade to the MR-12 burner which has made it more suitable for food processing ovens. The nickel-plated surface and stainless steel components stand up better to the aggressive washdown procedures used in many food processing ovens. It is used in process conveyor tunnel ovens for applications such as pizza cheese melting, browning of bread or bagels as well as in other cooking, baking and browning of food products.
Features and Benefits
- Flash resistant, fine porosity, metallic foam emitter
- Input fuel is converted to 65% infrared, 35% convective energy
- Flat faced construction
- Nickel plated cast iron housing with high temperature expanding gasket material
- Modular burner sections with nickel plated orifice union connectors
- Full perimeter stainless steel frame
- Replaceable emitter kit with stainless steel rail attachments
- Radiant heat is distributed uniformly
- Radiant energy is transferred directly into the product
- Burner can be placed closer to item to maximize radiant energy transfer
- Structurally sound with quick heat, quick cool capabilities
- Quick and easy replacement of burner sections with uniform firing rate across entire burner length
- Eliminates potential product contamination when burner is inverted above product
- Lower stress design and cost effective maintenance.