A nozzle-mix, oxy-fuel burner designed to be placed in the forehearth providing temperature homogeneity throughout the glass.
How It Works
Selas is now manufacturing an Oxy Fuel Burner for natural gas designed to be placed in the forehearth providing temperature homogeneity throughout the glass. These nozzle-mix burners consist of a 300-series stainless steel gas tip and oxygen nozzle. They produce an Oxy/Gas flame which lowers fuel use and improves heat transfer to the glass compared to Air/Gas combustion systems.
- High 10 to 1 turndown allows for simplicity in design and burner layout
- Cooler tip and block temperature for safe maintenance-free operation
- Improved mixing resulting in improved forehearth temperature homogeneity
- 60% reduction in fuel consumption compared to Air Gas Firing
- Improved nozzle design for safe operation